A Couple Months After the First Post in 2016

Turned out I'm not as consistent as I hope I would. Oh well..

Hello again.

Back in March I wrote that I'll update the blog with postcards and snail mails I receive, but it's been a while that my mailbox is lonely. Nothing came.

However, there's been a turn of an event. Here is the update :D

In the last week I got 3 postcards and a notification letter from post office. The notification letter is something they usually send to you instead of the parcel/package because you need to pay for some custom-thingy fee, so you need to go to the post office to fetch your parcel/package.

There is a postcard which my sister sent from Japan. It took a hella long time. She was in Japan in April, but I got her postcard last week. Plus from all of the postcards she sent, only one reached me safe and sound. I'm raising my eyebrow and sceptically looking at you, Indonesian Postal Service. Here's how the postcard from her looks like:

A shaped postcard known as gotochi.

The stamp.

Another one is a postcard I won in a giveaway on Facebook's Postcrossing group. I forgot when the giveaway was, but the postcard had arrived a couple days after my sister's postcard :) Here it is:

Giveway postcard which shown a red Vespa.

The stamp and cancellation postmark.

Last but not least, a postcard from Matte when he was on a holiday with his family in Wrocław. Such a nice city, I myself have been there 4 years ago, it was lovely. The postcard shows Wrocław's famous dwarfs that can be found around the city. Here's how it looks:

Multiview postcard showing many Wrocław's dwarfs.

Apparently, the postcard was sent from Gdynia.

I think that's all of the update for today. I'll write about the notification letter from the Indonesian Postal Service in another post. It's a long story about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Share it with me please :3